Dear All / Annwyl Pawb

Ymddiheuriadau nad yw’r neges hon ar gael yn y Gymraeg…

Apart from the Academic Seminar Blockade that I am helping to convene for 13th of December in Copenhagen as part of the Climate Justice Action programme of events (http://www.climate-justice-action.org/), we have also secured a workshop space as part of Klimaforum09  (http://www.klimaforum09.org/).

The workshop space available has recently changed and is now on 12th December from 1 – 3 pm, accommodating up to 100 people.

So far, the workshop is being organized and facilated by Kerry Burton (University of Exeter) and myself – though we’d welcome extra help!

Apart from having human geography and climate change as a theme (broad enough to encompass most contributions!), the workshop is unspecified and unstructured.

A couple of related ideas are floating around, though:

1. To link with the workshop offered by the Trapese Popular Education Collective (www.trapese) Mute magazine (www.metamute.org) and Carbon Trade Watch (www.CarbonTradeWatch.org) on what ‘transition,’ and particularly a politics of transition, actually means for those organising and taking action around climate change issues.

2. To focus on Machynlleth as a place where that transition is enacted everyday by a variety of actors in a variety of ways, e.g. the Centre for Alternative Technology, The Graduate School of the Environment, Zero Carbon Britain, regeneration organization Eco Dyfi, Transition Bro Dyfi (a Transtion Town initiative), the Public Interest Research Centre, Resistance to Tescos, climate activists and particularly Climate Camp Cymru actions…

We have one week to confirm:

  • The workshop title
  • The language(s) of the workshop
  • Names of speakers
  • Short description (70 words)

So, could anyone interested in either organizing and facilitating or participating in the workshop (in any way) contact me in the first instance?

Many thanks

Kelvin

Dr Kelvin Mason

Distance Learning Tutor

Graduate School of the Environment

Unit 7 Dyfi Eco Parc

Machynlleth

SY20 8AX

01654 703065 ext. 29

Centre for Alternative Technology Charity Limited (CAT), Machynlleth, Powys, SY20 9AZ, Wales, UK.

Centre for Alternative Technology Public Limited Company; a company limited by shares.  Company no. 1459589, registered in Wales.  Registered office: Llwyngwern, Machynlleth, Powys, SY20 9AZ.

Centre for Alternative Technology Charity Limited; a company limited by guarantee.  Charity no. 265239; Company no. 1090006, registered in Wales. Registered office: Llwyngwern, Machynlleth, Powys, SY20 9AZ