Can anyone help me with a new problem with SPSS which I have not encountered before?

I am entering new data into a database I haven't worked on for some months, and each time I attempt to save the amended file, trying all sorts of different names etc. etc. then close the file down and re-open, the file is unamended and I seem to be totally unable to save the database with new added data.

As far as I know this was fine some months ago and I have not met with this before. I've done a complete virus scan and no problems there. Is there someway I have locked the file as read only? ...a function of SPSS which I ahve used accidentally perhaps?

Any advice would be great.

Kind regards.

Pat

Childhood Nutrition Unit,