On 5 Oct 2009, at 13:41, Alan Rayner wrote:

> Dear Jack and all,
>
> I feel that there is somewhere deep that is yet to be admitted into
> this explication, if it is to be 'truly inclusional'.
>
> A clue may be found in the attached.
>
> Love
>
> Alan

Hi Alan - I think that you are right. I like the poetic way you have
expressed your meanings:

So, when I send my messenger

With open invitation

Be sure to know you’re welcome

If only you can welcome

His care within your heart

I've tried to make explicit this quality of care in my reflections on
last week's Conference on Creativity in Teacher Education in Pozega,
Croatia. You can access these brief reflections from the site of the
Educational Journal of Living Theories at:

http://ejolts.net/node/144 .

Thanks to Branko for adding the images and brief video-clip. I hope
that the reflections communicate this quality of care in the
relationships between the organisers of the conference through which
they helped to sustain an open space for the expression of the
creativity of teachers and students.

The Conference Proceedings, with contributions in English that include
those of Marie (UK), Margaret and Yvonne (Ireland), Catherine Dean
(Kenya), Zdzislawa Zaclona (Croatia), Hatic Zeynep Inan (Turkey) and
myself (UK), can be accessed from the What's New section of http://www.actionresearch.net
  (it is a 20Mb file and takes me 2 minutes to download through my
broadband).

As I say in my reflections I think that the kind of accountability
developed by the practitioner-researchers, includes the values they
use to give meaning and purpose to their lives as well as well as
their evidence-based explanations that show that they can also be seen
to be 'delivering key outcomes'.  The living theory accounts of the
practitioner-researchers also show that they have gone much further
that the 'advocacy' of the recent DEMOS report (see the reflections)
for a form of accountability that combines both freedom and
professional autonomy with public accountability.

It seems to me that the practitioner-researchers contributing to this
list, can now show that their evidence-based explanations of their
educational influences in learning are at the forefront of
understanding how to enhance educational practice and knowledge-
creation. It might be that the day's conference on collaborative
enquiry at Liverpool Hope University on the 14th November could
consider including this form of accountability into the development of
our collaborations? I'm looking forward to the conversation on the
14th November with those of us who can make it and to sharing the
ideas that emerge with the e-seminar after the 14th.

Love Jack.