On 18 Oct 2009, at 16:26, BRENDAN CRONIN wrote:

> I'm not trying to change the subject but wondered why the describing
> and analysis of  one's educational values is so important in action
> research living theory.

Hi Brandan (and all), It is because of the value-laden nature of what
is educational. Action research is a form of research that is
concerned with improving practice. To distinguish something as an
improvement means making a value-judgment. So values are necessary in
explaining our educational influences in learning and in judging what
counts as an improvement.  Whenever I explain my educational influence
in my own learning and in the learning of others my explanatory
principles are values-laden. For example in some of my earlier
writings I explained my learning as I responded to what I experienced
as constraints on my academic freedom in the workplace. My value of
academic freedom became an explanatory principle in the explanation I
gave for my own learning.

In all of the living theory doctorates at http://www.actionresearch.net/living.shtml
  and in the masters writings at http://www.actionresearch.net/mastermod.shtml
  individuals explain their educational influences in their own
learning using their ontological values. By this I mean the values
they use to give meaning and purpose to their lives. I'll pause here
to ask if this is an adequate explanation as to why describing and
analysing one's educational values is important in the generation of
living educational theories?

Love Jack.