Re: The Old New British Poetry Scene--excellent
selections, Pierre, pretty much covers the field.
To which I'd aff a few Irish: Geoff Squires,
Trevor Joyce, Randolph Healy, Maurice Scully, Catherine Walsh, Billy Mills.

Mark

At 11:53 AM 10/9/2009, you wrote:
>Summer, I am sorry to say, is definitely over & I have had to get
>serious about posting to Nomadics blog again. So check out the latest
>posts, as listed below.
>
>I also want to announce my new book of essays Justifying the Margins,
>published over the summer by Salt. I am most happy that it see the
>light of day, as many of you know the dire financial straights Salt
>has been in. You can help Salt by doing what their survival campaign
>suggests, i.e. "Buy just one Book" — & why nor Justifying, this time
>around? Buying directly from them is also the best way as it cuts out
>the middleman. Just go the the following url:
>Justifying the Margins:
>http://www.saltpublishing.com/books/rec/9781844714346.htm
>

>& here the recent posts on NOMADICS (http://pierrejoris.com/blog)
>
>That Old New British Poetry Scene
>
>Herta Müller Wins 2009 Nobel Prize in Literature
>
>Raymond Federman (1928-2009)
>
>Ballard, Sinclair, Place & the Novel (Where’s Poetry?)
>
>Amiri Baraka’s 75th Birthday Celebrations
>
>2009 German Book Prize Shortlist
>
>City Lights’ No Contest
>
>Two or Three Things that have come my Way
>

>enjoy!
>"Lyric poetry has to be exorbitant or not at all."  -- Gottfried Benn
>Pierre Joris
>cell phone: 518 225 7123
>email: [log in to unmask]
>http://pierrejoris.com
>Nomadics blog: http://pierrejoris.com/blog/

Announcing The Whole Island: Six Decades of Cuban
Poetry (University of California Press).
Forthcoming in November 2009 2009.
To read more go to: http://go.ucpress.edu/WholeIsland

"The Whole Island is a masterwork of cartography:
a map of what is, for English-language readers,
an almost unexplored territory, full of poets--at
home and in the diaspora--whom we ought to know."
                                                                                 -Eliot
Weinberger

"A definitive anthology guiding curious poets,
literary scholars and teachers, and generations of
readers out of the shadow of ignorant,
imperialist 'lockdown' surrounding the breadth and power of
Cuban poetry. [Weiss] provides a salient,
comprehensive introduction covering the fascinating vidas
of individual poets, literary movements,
political exigencies, and the vicissitudes of an ongoing cultural
struggle. But the imagination of the poetry
rules. What emerges is an essential compendium to
world literature. Presente!"
                                                                                 -Anne
Waldman