I thought there was an edict that said it had to be used no quibbling or discussion.

Frank

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of [log in to unmask]
Sent: 20 October 2009 19:14
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] RE OH Departments informing employee's own GP when they have administered an immunisation

Ian

How reassuring to read your email. It felt as if I had written it myself. We have not started using ESR (electronic staff records) for OH either. We are not going to link our database (OPAS) with the system until I know it actually works. Whilst the DH view this as a master system it certainly isn't for us. This system is to record all vaccination information for Drs. Eventually it will record all vaccination information for all staff. This system is being monitored and departments are being "reported" to their chief execs and to the SHA for non compliance. No pressure then.

When you read Alan's comprehensive concerns about computer systems ...is it any wonder we aren't linking systems.

Jean