Well said Malcolm, I can identify with the sentiments in your final paragraph!

Bob

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of malcolm spearey
Sent: 08 October 2009 17:21
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] Employee consent for reports - GMC guidance

Well it looks like the GMC and Faculty are slugging it out yet again, good for them.

My stance, employee signs informed consent to review and report to management, it's a legally binding contract so business as usual.

 I maintain confidentiallity as part of MY pb's COC, legal precidence and statute or until legal tell me otherwise.

 If the GMC wins with the Faculty and this does come to pass I can imagine the SLA's will need extending by a couple of months for ohp reports and that will result in the vast majority of oh work being done by the same ones who do it now! OHA's.... so no change there either.

Happy days and full clinics.

Regards to all

Malcolm

OH services manager