One of our OP's came in today and has been to a seminar on consent. As I
understand what he was saying - the GMC have now interpreted OP role as
providing care to individuals (even through they don't prescribe etc) and
therefore all reports should have employee consent to release before they go
to manager/HR etc on a similar basis to that used under AMRA ie they have
the right to see the report and withdraw consent for it's release. He is
going to discuss this with the other OP's and the Nurse Manager on Friday.

Alan  - have you heard anything about this?

At present, it doesn't seem to have filtered to the NMC for the OH Nurses
but I imagine that their will be implications for us as well.

Your thought's appreciated

Kim
--
Kim Scaysbrook