Hi Tony,

mark_bad_fiff does not involve any criteria. It just marks channels bad irrespective of whether they really are bad or not.

As a side not, the MNE software employs a different way to mark channels bad in a fif file. MNE for sure does not recognize the bad channel markings made with mark_bad_fiff and I think Neuromag software does not recognize the bad channels indicated by mne_mark_bad_channels.

- Matti