From: rosalind.rice <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, 1 October, 2009 10:27:48
Subject: Re: Welcome and E-seminar

Dear Sarah, Dear All,

I would really appreciate it if we could look closer at the instructional design provided by Universities for ITE so that this may help inform me as to their orientation whether it be as in the question below- cognitivist or reductionist or constructivist or even mechanistic!

My aim is to clarify the practices of organisational learning and interpret them within sociocultural learning theory.  I am informed (Boreham, et. al, 2004) that dialogue is the fundamental process by which organisations learn, and relational practices as the social structure which embeds the dialogue into the environment but I wondered if there is evidence of this here in the UK?

Best wishes

Rosalind

 1. The instructional design of the University ITE course I researched for
this paper was inherently cognitivist in its orientation, as opposed to a
reductionist view of competencies.
Is this typical of all University ITE courses?
And should it be?