From: Cate Gunn <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [M-R] Recent titles II
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Tuesday, October 6, 2009, 10:37 AM

-----Original Message-----
Italian:

La cristianizzazzione dell'Adriatico, ed. G. Cuscito (Trieste: Editreg,
2008).

> I assume this is on the Christianization of the Adriatic - the Italian
would be beyond me but does anyone know of something in English on this
topic?  I recently spent a wonderful week in Istria (part of Croatia) and
visited a few medieval churches - including the wonderful basilica of
Euphrasius at Porec of which I have a few (not terribly good) photos which I
may send to Marjorie for the medrelart shutterfly site - highlights are the
6th century apse mosaics and 13th cent. ciborium.  There was a great
Byzantium influence but, as far as I can make out, a deliberate choice to
join the Roman church after the split.  This is neither the period nor the
region of my expertise (such as it is) but I would like to learn more.

Cate

to: [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]