Talking about "daylight robbery" - what do you think about the estimate on a 15th cent. complete Prayerbook in Dutch consisitng of 215 leaves - set to be worth US$ 2.000,-?
I hope is it a printing error.  Paper or not, as a medieval source is it the same to me.

Best
Erik Drigsdahl

DEVOTIONS AND PRAYERS, in Dutch, DECORATED MANUSCRIPT ON PAPER
Lot 124
DEVOTIONS AND PRAYERS, in Dutch, DECORATED MANUSCRIPT ON PAPER [north Holland, 15th century]
143 x 102mm. iv + 215 leaves, COMPLETE, 18 lines in black ink, one- and two-line initials in red, remains of tabs, signature marks in lower corners (some minor marginal worming or soiling). Original vellum wallet binding with patterned brass clasp. Provenance: Convent of St Cecilia in Hoorn; for the use of the Regulars in Blokker near Hoorn (early 16th-century ownership inscription, incompletely dated, on f.ii) -- bought by Mari Wouters, daughter of Luci Wouters (16th-century inscriptions to ff.i and iii).
Estimate
 _. £800 - £1,200
 _. ($1,333 - $1,999)

Sale Information
Sale 5829
Fine Printed Books & Manuscripts
London, South Kensington

At 10:58 +0100 26/10/09, Henk wrote:

>10.000 - 15.000 GBP? Daylight robbery. FWIW I think that charters like this
>belong in archives not in private collections.

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]