Again, thanks. Some of that I knew, but much is new and interesting.
One point though. While pre-modern people certainly slept on a
different cycle than we do, they can't simply have gone to bed as soon
as it got dark and gotten up when it was light, for the simple reason
that humans only need about 8 hours of sleep and for most of the year
there is more than 8 hours of darkness.

Andrew E. Larsen

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]