Recently Ann Terry and Henry Maguire published a major monograph (in English) on the mosaics of the Eufrasius Cathedral at Porec, with excellent color photos.  For Istrian architecture see Richard Krautheimer, Early Christian and Byzantine Architecture, 4th ed. rev. (Harmondsworth 1986).

Gene Kleinbauer
Professor of Art History Emeritus
Indiana University, Bloomington

From: medieval-religion - Scholarly discussions of medieval religious culture [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Vadim Prozorov [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 9:14 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [M-R] Recent titles II

On Internet Archive there are some old English books on Dalmatia and Istria written in the 19th century (not bad ones).

The Basilica of Euphrasius in Poreč / Milan Prelog ; translated from the Croatian by Janko Paravić ; colour plates Milan Babić. Zagreb : Associated Publishers, 1986.

The architecture and architectural sculpture of the sixth-century Eufrasius Cathedral complex at Porec̆ / by Ann Raybin Terry. Thesis (Ph. D.)-University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1984.

History of Dalmatia / Giuseppe Praga ; [translated from the Italian by Edward Steinberg ; edited by Franco Luxardo]. Pisa : Giardini, 1993.

The medieval Dalmatian episcopal cities : development and transformation / Joan Dusa. New York : P. Lang, 1991.

Poreč : Istria - Croatia / [photographs Renco Kosinožić ; texts Marino Baldini, Rodoljub Kosić, Mate Maras ; English translation Dubravka Dostal]. Poreč : Inart, 1998.

Eufrazijeva bazilika u Poreču = La basilica Eufrasiana a Parenzo = Euphrasius basilika in Poreč = The basilica Euphrasiana of Parenzo / [autor teksta] Antun Milovan ; [fotografije] Alfio Klarić ; [prijevod na talijanski Tullio Vorano, na njemački Marieta Djaković, na engleski Ivana Polonijo ; proslov Vesna Girardi-Jurkić]. Pula : Sv. German, 1998.

Vadim Prozorov