And, of course, Trappists in the U.S. most famously at Gethesemane, KY (monastic home of Thomas Merton).  There are some O.Cist houses as well, but I
forget where.

The Trappists at St. Joseph's in Spencer, MA also sell ink toner cartridges at a significantly reduced price.  And jelly.  They also sell jelly.

George the Less (who studied for the Benedictines, yearned to be Camoldolese or Carthusian, but for some reason gave the Cistercians a miss)

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 14:25:25 -0400, Christopher Crockett wrote:

>medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and culture

>From: Erik Drigsdahl <[log in to unmask]>

>> At 19:39 +0200 19/10/09, Henk wrote:

>>>There are Trappists both in Belgium and Nederland.

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]