Interesting site(s)! I clicked on one of the libraries, chose one of their
online services and entered a random 14 digit number (which began with the 5
digit sequence helpfully posted by Lancashire Libraries on their website)
and was immediately connected to the service. I have no idea who will get
the credit for that use - or who's paying for it. I could have saved
Manchester, Leeds and Oldham their postage as there seems to be no need to
apply for a card from anyone at all now.

Still maybe the Nick Sarkozy card will get me into a French library next
time I'm there?

I'm deliberately not posting the Lancashire link but thanks to the member of
staff at another authority that sent me the link. Not wishing to threaten
these services *at all* I will not set any more hares running on the topic
but it's a bit of a mess isn't it?

Mick

Mick Fortune
m. +44 (0)7786 625544         t.   +44 (0)1865 727411