From: An informal open list set up by UKSG - Connecting the Information Community [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Helen Matthews
Sent: 15 October 2009 16:22
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [LIS-E-RESOURCES] Adding licensed PDF's to VLEs

Dear all,
Just a quick question to seek out what others are doing/have done in
this area, so we are not reinventing the wheel! We are merrily
digitizing chapters and articles under the CLA standard licence to add
to our Blackboard VLE, linking to reading lists and of course, reporting
to the CLA as required. Our students find it very useful to have full
text access without linking out of College.

However, there are now increasing instances where we would also like
make available PDFs in Blackboard, from full text databases or
e-journals we subscribe to. We have begun to work through our licenses
to note which content we can include in Blackboard and are considering
subscribing on a trial basis to the CLA Comprehensive Licence. However,
in the meantime, I was wondering if anyone has already created a list
from standard licenses that allow full text PDF's to be added to VLEs,
or whether there is one freely available to consult?

Any feedback on what others are doing in this area would be most
appreciated!
Helen

Helen Matthews
E-Services Development Manager/Geography Subject Librarian
Birkbeck, University of London
Malet Street
London WC1E 7HX

020 7631 6290
020 7631 6066 (fax)

http://www.bbk.ac.uk/lib/

P Save a tree .... please consider the environment before printing off
this email