I would say that hourly is slight overkill for metadata download,
especially since the metadata normally only changes once a day. My
inclination would be for between two and four metadata downloads per day.

The new metadata is normally published between 5 and 6pm on weekdays,
changes at weekends are unusual.

Sara Hopkins
SDSS Support Team

--
Sara Hopkins
SDSS Support Team

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.