italian-studies: Scholarly discussions in any field of Italian studies Forwarded from another list:
I am pleased to announce the publication of the second volume of "Ravenna",
an online interdisciplinary journal devoted to the relationship between the
British Decadent movement and Italy. Ravenna is edited by Elisa Bizzotto and
Luca Caddia and published by Steven Halliwell at The Rivendale Press as one
of THE OSCHOLARS group of fin de siècle journals under the general editorship
of D.C. Rose.

http://www.oscholars.com/Ravenna/Ravenna2/toc.htm

This issue includes the following articles:

David Fettig: "The Discordant Melody of Change: Giacomo Puccini, George
Egerton, and Orchestrations of the New Woman in Fin de Siècle London";

Simon Poë: "Made in Italy: Roddam Spencer Stanhope’s ‘Patience on a
Monument, Smiling at Grief’".

And reviews:

Derek Duncan, "Reading and Writing Italian Homosexuality: A Case of Possible
Difference" [by Vincenzo Bavaro];

Elisabetta Girelli, "Beauty and the Beast: Italianness in British Cinema" [by
Anna Viola Sborgi];

Yvonne Ivory, "The Homosexual Revival of Renaissance Style, 1850-1930" [by
Stefano Evangelista].

"Ravenna" is now accepting submissions for articles and reviews of recent
books for future issues. If you are interested in sending a proposal, please
contact the editors at the following email addresses:

Elisa Bizzotto ([log in to unmask])
Luca Caddia ([log in to unmask])

Thank you very much for your attention. I hope you will enjoy "Ravenna" 2!

Best Regards,

Luca Caddia

--
Julia Bolton Holloway, Mediatheca 'Fioretta Mazzei',  'English' Cemetery, Piazzale Donatello, 38,
I-50132 Firenze, Italy