-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Postgrad scholarship - Ireland
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 16:50:12 +0000 (GMT)
From: Zorica Nedovic-Budic <[log in to unmask]>
CC: [log in to unmask]

Dear colleagues,

Please find enclosed below the information about PhD scholarship available for students from EU member states to study in Ireland. 'Government-civil society relationships' is the theme that I would be interested to explore. The specific topic that I would explore is the potential use of (broadly construed) Spatial Data Infrastructures (SDI) as a medium for initiating dialogues about urban condition and issues in cities / neighborhoods in developing countries (Nepal and Botswana as two likely cases). Please feel free to distribute to the prospective students of quality and interest to pursue PhD study.

Best regards, Zorica

Government-civil society relationships

Government-civil society relationships: International relations and international law are
inherently state-centric. However, this structural approach is evolving, with civil society
groups playing a greater role in areas of international development, international
mediation, post-conflict reconstruction and gender issues. Government relationships with
civil society groups are changing to reflect this enhanced role, and this is visible in terms
of funding and partnership agreements.

-->

--
Dr. Muki Haklay: Senior Lecturer in GIS
Department of Civil, Environmental & Geomatic Engineering