Good (Friday) Afternoon GEMers

I am writing to introduce you to the Young Archaeologists' Club, the
only UK-wide Club for young people aged 8-16 dedicated to archaeology
and all things historic. YAC is part of the Council for British
Archaeology, an educational charity established in 1944.

We are seeking partners to join us in the YAC Pass, a scheme to enable
our members to access special offers at social history and archaeology
museums and sites. Many museums across the UK offer YAC members either
free or discounted entry as part of the YAC Pass (including many museums
represented by folk on the GEM network).

The scheme is also open to museums that are already free to access, but
which could offer our members discounts in site shops or other benefits.
Some sites for instance allow our members free use of audio guides, or a
free information booklet.

Nationally, Historic Scotland, Cadw, English Heritage, the Northern
Ireland Environment Agency, Manx National Heritage and the British
Museum Company support the scheme. A further 160+ independent museums
and sites across the UK are also involved (for details of sites
involved, please visit the YAC website at www.yac-uk.org).

In 2010 we hope that we can expand the scheme yet further! Your
involvement would therefore be much appreciated.

Attached to this email are the following documents:

A flyer outlining further details about YAC and the YAC Pass scheme,
which highlights the benefits in becoming a partner organisation

A sample page from our 2009-10 advertising booklet

The form that you should complete in order to become involved with the
scheme

If you would like your organisation to become part of the YAC Pass
scheme, simply complete the form and return it via email.

To guarantee your free advert within the YAC Pass booklet, the form must
be returned before Wednesday 9th December 2009. This enables sufficient
time for the production of the booklet to be completed in time for
inserting in our club magazine Young Archaeologist in early 2010.

If you have any questions, or if you require further information then do
contact me. My direct telephone number is 01904 521236. I look forward
to hearing from you.

Best wishes

Nicky

 <<YAC_Pass_form.doc>>  <<YAC_Pass_Benefits.pdf>>  <<Page17.pdf>>

Nicky Milsted
Communications Officer (Weds-Fri)
Editor Young Archaeologist magazine
Young Archaeologists' Club
Tel: 01904 671417
Direct line: 01904 521236
Fax: 01904 671384
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: www.yac-uk.org
The Council for British Archaeology, St Mary's House, 66 Bootham, York,
YO30 7BZ, United Kingdom
Company Limited by Guarantee, registered in England 1760254; Registered
Charity 287815