Register now for the Schools Videoconferencing User Group Event

The registration site for the Schools Videoconference User group event is now open at https://www.ja.net/services/events/2009/schoolsvc_usergroup/ .

Schools, Local Authorities, Content Providers (Museums, galleries, archives, libraries etc) and anyone with an interest in the educational use of videoconferencing are welcome to attend. We hope it will be an inspiring and interesting day.

A draft agenda is attached and more information about the event is available via the website.

The event, on 19 November 2009 at the Museum of London, will promote videoconferencing in the classroom, give examples of VC use across the curriculum from schools and content providers, and encourage new regional, national and international links by videoconferencing.

Please contact myself (Tim Boundy) or Heather Pettitt for more information.

Apologies for cross-posting.

________________________

Tim Boundy

NEN Services Group, Content Coordinator, JANET(UK)

01235 822370

Dear Colleagues,

The Schools Videoconferencing User Group 2009 event is now in the planning. Please mark the 19th November 2009 at the Museum of London in your calendar.

The event will promote videoconferencing in the classroom, give examples of VC use across the curriculum from schools and content providers, and encourage new regional, national and international links by videoconferencing.

Some of you may have attended the one of the two previous Schools Videoconferencing User Group events. In 2007 we met at the Natural History Museum and in 2008 at the National Maritime Museum. Both events were interesting, fully subscribed and feedback from the community was very positive.

We are still arranging the finer details of the event but the date and venue are now confirmed. The agenda will include presentations from Content Providers, Local Authorities and Teachers with experience in the use of Videoconferencing.

We’ll be in touch again shortly with a confirmed agenda and instructions on how to register for the event. I hope that many of you will be able to join us.

Thanks,

Tim.

________________________

Tim Boundy

National Education Network Services Group

Content Coordinator

t: 01235 822370

m: 07787 574036

VC via JVCS: [log in to unmask]

cid:3304681052_980417
JANET, the UK’s education and research network. http://www.ja.net

JANET Collaborate. http://www.janetcollaborate.ac.uk

JANET(UK), Lumen House, Library Avenue, Harwell Science and Innovation Campus, Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11 0SG, UK.

For more information on the JANET Collaborate Project see http://www.ja.net/development/janet-collaborate/.

Heather Pettitt
SEGfL Project Manager
Easthampstead Park