Dear all,

I am currently undertaking research into young children's use of
museums. As part of an initial exploration, I am interested to know
how well museums are used by young children (up to age 6).

So, does your museum collect information about the numbers of young
children that visit? This could be either as part of family visits or
school numbers. If schools, I am interested in KS1 and earlier. If
possible, I would appreciate it if you could share these numbers with
me for last year, or the school lear 2008-9. I am interested to know
how many young children visit in comparison to children of other ages,
and to visitors as a whole.

As an aside, has your museum carried out any evaluations with it's
younger visitors? I am aware of research carried out by the SW hub,
and written up in the 2007 paper "Communicating with Objects", and the
"Wow, This is Big!" and Nuneaton Art Gallery consultations carried out
by Playtrain in the Midlands. Are there any other reports or
consultations that are either accessible online, or evaluation results
that you could send to me? I am also interested in research carried
out outside of the UK.

Please reply to me directly. I am happy to put the information into a
document and share it with anyone who is interested. If you do not
wish your information to be passed on to anyone else, just let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Elee

www.eleekirk.com