Hey Regina,

In one sentence, the question is: is a *within-subjects* residualization
procedure (routinely part of fsl) sufficient to control for individual
differences in EV2 statistical maps when running a voxelwise regression
*across subjects* on EV1 statistical maps?

If I follow you, no - it is feasible to model uninteresting cross-session variation in a contrast of interest by including a regressor reflecting the cross-session variation of some control condition performed in the same run.  It may be feasible to do this using a voxel dependent EV.  I've been trying something similar myself.

Cheers,

Eugene

Thanks much for any clarification or recommendations,

Regina

--
Eugene Duff

Centre for Functional MRI of the Brain (FMRIB)
University of Oxford
John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington OX3 9DU  Oxford  UK

Ph: +44 (0) 1865 222 523  Fax: +44 (0) 1865 222 717