Hi David

2009/10/28 David Soto <[log in to unmask]>
Hello-

This is a question of a FSL beginner  I am

I want to demean the Reaction Time data to be included as a modulator of
relevant EVs in the 3 Custom format starting at the first leve

I have 12 subjects and each has 4 runs

A)  I understand that demeaning equals  mean RT - individual RT
(or does it matter if one does        individual RT - mean RT)

You want to demean just within each model.  If you are demeaning a first level regressor with a variable amplitude (third column) and constant durations, then simply take the mean of the amplitude and subtract this from the amplitude of each response.  If you did it the other way round (mean - resp), it would simply flip the sign of the fits of that regressor, affecting which contrasts (+ve or -ve) would show effects.

Eugene

--
Eugene Duff

Centre for Functional MRI of the Brain (FMRIB)
University of Oxford
John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington OX3 9DU  Oxford  UK

Ph: +44 (0) 1865 222 523  Fax: +44 (0) 1865 222 717