Hi,

If you try to register 4D images with FLIRT then it will use
the first 3D image and ignore the rest.  However, if you
apply a transformation matrix with FLIRT it will apply
that matrix to all the 3D volumes in the 4D image.

Note that MCFLIRT is the 4D image motion correction tool.

All the best,
	Mark