Hi Fred
That's a nice idea.  We might develop a list of principles that spell
out the philosophy of EBM first, and then move to the skills.
I'd definitely include being patient-centred among these. Something like
(stealing from Dr Armstrong):
1. Since the aim of EBM is to benefit patients, its practice should be
patient-centred.
2. EBM require comfort in saying we don't know and embracing this as a
positive phenomenon.
3. Though knowledge comes from a variety of sources, EBM favours high
quality research evidence over case experience or theories of mechanism.
4. Others ....
Thanks all,
Paul Glasziou

--
Paul Glasziou
Director, Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine,