I am currently writing an assignment for my PGCE based around teaching large ESOL classes and the problems this may  incur.I wondered if anyone could signpost me to case studies, of teaching large(over 12) ESOL classes in the UK. I am particularly, interested in how teaching large classes fits with integrating  the ESOL adult curriculum and all of the paperwork(ILPs', exam admin ect) and the current demands of tutors within FE. Could anyone tell me if there is a prescribed class number for teaching, for example,speaking and listening skills.
thankyou for your co-operation
Wendy Simmons (ESOL tutor)

*********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html A quick guide to using Jiscmail lists can be found at: http://jiscmail.ac.uk/help/using/quickuser.htm To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]