Whilst I don’t ever want to be an apologist for the prison-injustice complex, your data are not so clear.  We would need to know the proportion of the total population that are imprisoned before we can draw any clearer conclusions about imprisonment rates.  In their present form these data are not very useful.  Do you have data on the proportion of total population imprisoned, or are these data available?
LDB