Hello,

For the last week I have used CCPNMR Analysis for assignment of backbone
resonances. I have used the 2.1.0 version and experienced a lot of freezing
and crashing of the program. As others have reported I found out to save my
work when the program started to slow down and restart. I had to do that
about once every hour. These crashes mostly occurred during linking of
resonances in backbone spectra to root resonances in the HSQC. These are the
error-messages I have got:

X Error of failed request:  BadIDChoice (invalid resource ID chosen for this
connection)
  Major opcode of failed request:  53 (X_CreatePixmap)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x18a5ee3
  Serial number of failed request:  10401015

X Error of failed request:  BadIDChoice (invalid resource ID chosen for this
connection)
  Major opcode of failed request:  153 (RENDER)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  4 (RenderCreatePicture)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x18d2e19
  Serial number of failed request:  8150721

X Error of failed request:  BadIDChoice (invalid resource ID chosen for this
connection)
  Major opcode of failed request:  53 (X_CreatePixmap)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x188c676
  Serial number of failed request:  8743350

ValueError: canvas not in list
start generating output :  ccp.general.Method.MethodStore
start generating output :  ccp.nmr.Nmr.NmrProject
start generating output :  ccpnmr.Analysis.AnalysisProject
start generating output :  memops.Implementation.MemopsRoot
successfully saved project
start generating output :  ccp.nmr.Nmr.NmrProject
start generating output :  ccpnmr.Analysis.AnalysisProject
start generating output :  memops.Implementation.MemopsRoot
successfully saved project
Bus error

Although the program states sometimes in these error-messages that it has
saved the project it has not.

Today we updated our software to Analysis 2.1.1 and it still crashes.
However, now the program does not slow down before it crashes. This means
that I no longer get a "heads up". I got this error-message:

OverflowError: math range error
start generating output :  ccp.general.Method.MethodStore
start generating output :  ccp.nmr.Nmr.NmrProject
start generating output :  ccpnmr.Analysis.AnalysisProject
X Error of failed request:  BadIDChoice (invalid resource ID chosen for this
connection)
  Major opcode of failed request:  153 (RENDER)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  4 (RenderCreatePicture)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x181ec6b
  Serial number of failed request:  14894154

I am using Red Hat enterprise Linux 5.4 64bit.

I hope you can help me and if you need any additional information please write,
regards Gitte Haxholm