Dear all -

I wanted to thank everyone for their input on how to go about determining levels of SeMet incorporation in recombinant proteins.

Here is the summary of suggestions:

1) MALDI-TOF:
http://www.ibs.fr/Plates-formes/Caracterisation-de-proteines/Spectrometrie-de-Masse/
http://www.ibbmc.u-psud.fr/spip.php?rubrique41

2) Amino acid analysis:
http://keck.med.yale.edu/prochem/aaa.htm

3) microPIXE:
http://www.ionbeamcentre.co.uk/index.php?target=3:68

We have successfully used microPIXE (see the link for an excellent review of the method) in collaboration with Univ. of Surrey, and this proved to be the most precise way of determining Se levels in our case - we are dealing with a glycosylated protein. We tried mass spec, but this didn't allow us to quantify incorporation well because of the broad peaks obtained for the sample due to glycosylation.

Best wishes and thank you again,

Marija