You know the sequence of the target so the missing residues can be built by looking at the difference density. if the protein is phased right by MR then the extra residues if they were actually present (and not clipped off in crystallization) you should see them. coot can be used to visualize and build residues by build loop or baton mode. if you have a bulky residue say phenylalanine then that will definitely be a land mark to go forward in building.

--
Karthik
Graduate Student