Hi Jakreda,

With that computer you'll be well set to be doing basically everything
you need for crystallography. CCP4, as well as all other programs
you'll use, will run beautifully on that system. I'm currently using a
MacBook Pro (2.4 GHz, core 2 duo) as my main working machine for
crystallography, and even though it is a couple of years old there is
basically nothing it still working fine with all software. So a new
iMac will work just fine.

Cheers,
Ronnie Berntsson