Dear Jack
I can certainly recommend using the litholoops from molecular dimensions
to mount the crystal you descibe. Most of the membrane crystal we start
out with come as needles, the advantages is as mention before that the
slight twist in the nylon loops isn't present. We do not have  much
success with the litholoops looking like little rackets.
best Preben

--
Jens Preben Morth, Ph.D
Aarhus University