Useful summary, Artem.

Two comments spring to mind.

- I have had trouble with slight bending of needles when frozen like
this, causing problems with mosaicity. (Presumably due to different
forces acting on the parts of the crystal within and without the loop.)

- You can have lots of trouble measuring systematic absences in crystals
mounted like this as the unique axis in hexagonal or tetragonal is close
to the rotation axis.

Cheers,
Charlie

--