2nd. International Conference on Caribbean Studies (ICCS)

“The Many Caribbean’s and the Bicentennial of the Continental
Spanish American Independence Movements

 University of Cartagena, Cloister of St. Augustine
Cartagena de Indias, Colombia
March 15-19, 2010

 The main theme emphasizes, but is not thematically limited to the
interdisciplinary character of the conference. We suggest additionally the
following topics:  Theory-critic production from the Caribbean; Regional
integration with Latin America;  Cultural and literary studies-a transnational
experience; Andean/Caribbean socio-cultural  dynamics in Colombia;  Studies
about art, including music and painting.  Themes and critical approaches are
not limited to these topics.
We will accept only one proposal for paper or panel per each author, in
Spanish, English or French. The panels will be composed of a maximum of 4
presentations. Presentations should not exceed twenty minutes; the members
of the panels and the session chair will rigorously follow this limit. Please send
an abstract of 200 words or less by electronic attachment (Word) to:
[log in to unmask] (in English or French) and to [log in to unmask]
(in Spanish) by November 15, 2009.
FOR MORE INFORMATION GO TO:  www.utpa.edu/dept/modlang;

For further information, please contact:  Kevin Sedeño Guillén, E-mail:
[log in to unmask] or
Hector R. Romero  [log in to unmask]