I don't at all see where Jane Holland is claiming to be 'impartial'. She has simply said, as an editor, trenchantly, what she does and doesn't like.

Is there not something almost McCarthyite about this thread? Why should Jane Holland like what you or I like? Why should she have to give the time of day in her magazine to writing she patently doesn't care for? If she was editing Poetry Review, then perhaps we could argue about her duty to represent a broad range of poetries etc, but she's not. I just don't get it.

DW