Having been very active in all of the Festival of Plagiarism activities in 1987-88, many which happened in the UK, where issues of originality, creativity, collective identity & ownership were explored in every imaginable context over a period of a couple years, I find the whole thing passé except for the fact that general opinions on these issues have mellowed considerably with the advent of digital & sampling cultures.  Back then a lot of people got very very angry about these things.  I was thrown off Wisconsin Public Radio for an hour long interview because it was generating way too many angry calls.  These days a project like Kent's strikes me as cute & endearing, but not something that will get people riled up.

~mIEKAL