A: Becta, Millburnhill Road, Science park, Coventry CV4 7JJ.

-----Original Message-----
From: A discussion list for Assistive Technology professionals. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mike Parry
Sent: 15 October 2009 09:42
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Read&WriteGold - 'Scan to Word' produces empty page

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong here?

I'm using R&W Gold version 9 to scan a jpg file which has an image of text on it, and asking it to output it into a Word (2007) document.

It appears to be working, and it duly launches Word to show you the results, but the page is blank.

So I tried it again, this time with a PDF file. Again, the resulting Word 2007 was blank.

(I had a look in 'Scanning Options' and apart from the 'multipage settings' in the right-hand panel, everything else was greyed out. No idea if that is significant)

Thanks in advance

Mike Parry
University of Huddersfield

---

This email and any information transmitted within it may be confidential and may also be subject to legal privilege. It is intended only for the recipient(s) named above or the person responsible for delivering the email to the intended recipient. If you are not named above as a recipient, you must not read, copy, disclose, forward or otherwise use the information contained in this email. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender (whose contact details are above) immediately by reply e-mail and delete the message and any information transmitted with it without retaining any copies.  Please note that electronic mail may be monitored in accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practices)(Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000.