Hi all,
We measure serum/Plasma Ferritin for several reasons and one of them is
genetic testing for haemoglobinopathy. We measure Ferritin on Roche Elecsys
2010 with their recommendation in using serum, Li-, Na-heparin, K3-EDTA, and
sodium citrate as acceptable tubes.
We have 2 different concentrations of K in EDTA tubes; the first one is K2-
EDTA and the second is K3-EDTA.
Has anyone done a study on Elecsys to compare K2-EDTA with K3-EDTA?  Or
can they be used interchangably on Elecsys 2010?
Does anybody have information of ferritin stability on whole blood, especially if
the blood is not separated for more than one day?
Your informations are valuableto us.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Dr. Asila Al-Musherifri