We use same range with all results carrying the rider :

“Adjusted to alb of 40 g/L (NB assumes normal pH)”

“Keep it simple”, I say

Any calculation of additional parameters, ratios, factors (fudge/fiddle) can be fraught with pitfalls, and may bear little relationship to the physiological reality, as well as being subject to the sum or product of the inaccuracies of the methods, as well as those of the calculation.

Let the doctors doctor their patients and not our results.

By the time we have collected enough data on our specific analysers (colourimetric or ionic, with or without pH correction woops adjustment) for a specific patient (because we must not group patients unscientifically) the patient will be either better or not, and the analysers will be due for replacement anyway so we will have to start again.

with best wishes
Richard
Richard Mainwaring-Burton
Consultant Biochemist