"so no radical distinction between religion and magick"

This observation ties in with the key idea behind an anthropology of
religion course I took as an undergrad: Dr. Michael Angrosino's Magic and
Religion. It's been many years since I took that class, but one of the main
points was that the distinction between magic and religion is artificial, as
most religions have practices that can be termed "magical" and most
practices of magic have elements that can be termed "religious."