Dear all, Salam-Hi,
Let us not to write any more on bone surfaces.
Simply take all notes, measurements, photos, drawings, etc..., then return bones to their envelopes. Labeling & writings should be done on the envelope itself ( like number of fragments, serial numbers, etc...). In case of very special data (bones) a label hangs on it, or writing on its envelope. In case you need to recheck again or return back to any specific fragments you have to pay for that (effort and time), otherwise let us to do things once!
yours

Mohammad Al-Zawahra