If anyone has a pdf, I would appreciate a copy.

Sincerely

Haskel

From: Analysis of animal remains from archaeological sites [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lee G. Broderick
Sent: September-23-09 7:00 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ZOOARCH] Medieval rural site, Ireland

Hi Albina,

Bird bones do not fuse in the same way as mammal bones, as you probably know, but the best reference I have found on the subject is the following:

Schröder L. and Junge D. Contents of histochemically detectable iron in certain organs of the domesticated chicken (Gallus domesticus L) [Journal] // Acta Histochemica. - 1972. - 2 : Vol. 43. - pp. 309-320.

Unfortunately, I do not have a pdf copy, but others might, if they cannot suggest a better reference.  Incidentally, if anyone does have a pdf copy, I would be grateful for one!

Best regards,

Lee G. Broderick.  BA (Hons), MSc

Zooarchaeologist

This e-mail is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is private and confidential. If an addressing or transmission has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy, print or rely on this e-mail.

We sweep all outgoing messages for the presence of computer viruses. However, we cannot accept any responsibility for any loss or damage to your systems due to viruses or malicious code not detected.