Zooarchaeology 23:11–40.

Cheers,

	Iain McKechnie

Tue, 22 Sep 2009 11:44:31 +0200
From:    Karen van Niekerk <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: burnt fish bone references

------=_NextPart_000_0030_01CA3B7A.0D608A40

Dear All,

I am looking for references on differential burn patterns on bones that
still have flesh attached. I'm particularly interested in those
referring to
fish, in this instance I have several spines that are only burnt on the
distal ends. But I will be happy for any suggestions, even if it does
not
refer to fish in particular.

I am aware of Gifford-Gonzalez 1989 (Ethnographic analogues for
interpreting
modified bones: some cases from East Africa. In: Bonnichsen, R., Sorg,
M.H.
(Eds.), Bone

Modification. Centre for the Study of the First Americans, Institute for
Quaternary Studies, University of Maine, pp. 179-246.) but do not have
access to it.

I do have Asmussen 2009 Intentional or incidental thermal modification?
Analysing site occupation via burned bone, JAS 36.

Thank you,

Karen van Niekerk