Dear Martine,

Further to Roger’s e-mail below which mentions our Red Pen Tool (a trial version of which can be accessed from www.redpentool.com) it is also worth noting that we are just about to release a version that can be seamlessly integrated within the Moodle Activity Module, thus allowing students to annotate and self-assess their work against pre-defined criteria (criteria which could be based on the qualification mark scheme) and then teachers to see this annotation and self-assessment and add annotations and assessment criteria of their own – each user’s annotations/assessments is added on a transparent layer that overlays the original work, providing a full audit trail and leaving the original work unaltered. The tool works with any printable digital file, so Word, PowerPoint, etc., and only requires the Flash plug-in to view and mark all of these files online through your browser – i.e. you don’t need the original software used to author the work loaded on to your machine.

It is also worth noting that some awarding bodies are now looking at using the Red Pen Tool as part of the verification/moderation process for qualification coursework, as we support a range of qualifications in much the same way as Megan describes below in her post, but with seamless and secure electronic submission to the awarding body at the end of the process – so no need to print or burn work to CD.

I hope that this is helpful, but please do let me know if you have any specific questions about Red Pen Tool or want to see it in action or talk to one of the schools/colleges who are already using it.

Kind regards,

Matt

Matt Wingfield

Business Development Director