Re: poster draft for IGS BB and stuff
Hi all,
Sorry about this! The subject and header should have read 27/11/2009. In other words: The UKPN Network day is on the 27th of November.
Nanna

From: Nanna B Karlsson
Sent: Wed 09/09/2009 09:52
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: UK Polar Network Day 27/10/2009 in Southampton

UK Polar Network Day, 27/10/2009

The next UK Polar Network Day will be held at the National Oceanography Centre in Southampton on Friday the 27th of November 2009 and it is open to students (postgraduates and undergraduates), postdocs and all early-career scientists working in the field of polar research.

The registration (free) is now open online (
http://www.polarnetwork.org/machform/view.php?id=16). We welcome registration for oral presentations and posters from all polar disciplines.
In addition to the talks (10 minutes+5 minutes for questions) and posters presented by the participants, we will have two invited speakers, Prof Jane Hart, a glaciologist of the school of geography of the University of Southampton and Dr. Dr Debora Iglesias-Rodriguez (National Oceanography Centre) who will be talking about her work on ocean acidification and its effects on organisms in Antarctica.
If you are presenting your work in any of the upcoming conferences (AGU, ASLO, etc), this forum offers you the opportunity to practice.

Do not hesitate to register! We look forward to seeing you in Southampton.

If you have any questions please contact event organisers Sinhue Torres-Valdes ([log in to unmask]) and Loic Jullion ([log in to unmask])