The Higher Education Academy's Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) Project Weekly e-Bulletin

Sustainable Development in the Higher Education Classroom: Perspectives from Area Studies and Development Studies, 19 March 2010, University of Birmingham, Call for Papers (abstracts by 19 October): http://www.llas.ac.uk/events/3282

Interactive workshop: Route Map for Sustainability and Responsibility in Higher Education Institutions, 11 November 2009, 10.15-16.30 University of Westminster. For details, e-mail Anja Mclean [log in to unmask]

A United Nations Decade of Education for Sustainable Development (2005–14): What Difference Will It Make? by Ingrid Mula and Daniella Tilbury has been published in the Journal of ESD 2009 3: 87–97. The abstract is available from: http://jsd.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/3/1/87 and a PDF is downloadable.

The UK's first foundation degree in sustainable communities is available at universities around the country: http://tinyurl.com/SDfoundation

The EAUC has launched its new look SORTED (Sustainability Online Resource and Toolkit for Education) website: http://www.eauc.org.uk/sorted/home

The PelicanWeb's Journal of Sustainable Development has issued a report on its ESD Consultation: http://www.pelicanweb.org/solisustv05n09page1.html

A university in Abu Dhabi is the world's first university dedicated to sustainable development. See The Times Higher Ed, 10 September 2009, pages 18-19.

Crisis Forum: Climate Change and Violence workshop series: Number 3 – Securing the State: Domestic Agendas, 9 October 2009, University of London http://www.crisis-forum.org.uk

Note: We accept submissions on a rolling basis. Short items will go in our weekly e-Bulletin, and features will go in our bimonthly e-Newsletter, which is set to be published on 1 November, with a deadline for submissions of 15 October.

Please let me know if you have any questions. If you wish to be removed from this e-mail list, please e-mail [log in to unmask]

enjoying the sunshine,
heather

Heather Luna
ESD Project Coordinator