I am also writing a piece on surveillance (general)/technologically
controlled environments for a literary magazine and would be very grateful
to be kept in the loop on this topic.

JG Ballard's Super Cannes has a bit on digital surveillance and Henry Porter
has just written a novel on this theme.  I'll dig out some other titles over
the weekend.