Just to clarify things, there are two issues being discussed here:

1) Whether  fits2ndf should produce a History component in the output
NDF that records the fact that fits2ndf has been run (and will also
record all subsequent processing).

2) Whether, in addition to 1), fits2ndf should also read any history
information from the input FITS file and add it into the History
component of the output NDF.

Item 1) is trivial, and I have already implemented it. Item 2) is much
more work, and has not been implemented yet.

David